When in April 20th.
It’s been a year.
I remember those nights during summer last year where I stayed up thinking if I should really publish Blissful Potato. The same questions persist on running through my head every single night that time: Do I really fit to be a blogger? What would I write about? How am I going to be unique and interesting? Will people like what I write?
I keep on thinking if I should give it a shot, if I could really do it and be like everyone else. It always happens, even now that I already publicized my blog, I still don’t know if I could really keep this running. The doubts are there, and will always be there.
There were times where I thought of giving up this corner of mine and just abandon my ‘blogger dreams’, because apparently I could never keep myself on track and be actually consistent, especially on the days that I’m busy with school. But these past few months, while I’m in the midst of crossing mountains, I thought about my blog countless of times. How I craved to write here and share the photos I’ve taken recently. I thought how everything would go, if what is really the point or purpose of this blog. I thought how would I make people read my blog over and over again. I was totally having a dilemma whether to continue or not.
But as much as how cliché and mediocre this blog looks for now, I decided not to give it up. Because, why would I give up in the first place when I’m just starting? What’s the point of giving up when you have nothing to lose? In fact, you may gain a lot through blogging.
The reason why I barely update this blog because I’m always having a hard time writing down my thoughts and whatnots. It made me realize that I was not born to be good at writing entries that would actually make sense, rather I’m fonder of producing visual entries. Meaning, I enjoy making and seeing good photographs than writing and reading posts overflowing with words and guides. I noticed it when I explore other blogs; I mainly enjoy looking at their photos than reading their wordy posts because it kind of bores me.
I thought a lot about it and therefore came up with a good solution: instead of focusing on writing reviews and guides that I have a hard time doing, I will post a lot of photo journals in my blog because I do take a lot of photos and that’s what I enjoy making. And maybe it would be the purpose of Blissful Potato – to share my blossoming passion for nonsensical photography. I will still post reviews and tips tho.
Honestly, Blissful Potato is a dream come true for me. I’ve always wanted to build a blog since the day I was enamored of all things beautiful. By the time I started to watch some fashion bloggers do their works in Instagram, I knew I wanted to do the same thing. I wanted a platform where I could share my wanders, captured photos, memoirs and everything dashing and sorrowful in my life, and I think Blissful Potato is the great place to do that.
I didn’t expect myself to write a long and boring message so moving on, as for my blog’s birthday, I decided to have a quick i-don’t-know-what’s-the-concept photoshoot and do the mainstream 30 ‘not so interesting’ random facts about me because I couldn’t think of anything else to do, and I just thought you guys should know me a little bit better.
- My name is Rossaine (again, pronounced as Row-seyn) and I have 34 letters on my full name.
- I’m a brown-eyed girl and those who notice it seemingly becomes mesmerized by the color of my eyes, most especially when the sunlight hits it.
- I have a natural pasty skin that makes me stand out from the rest.
- I love reading Young-Adult Romance Novels to the point that it’s the only genre that I read, and Jennifer Smith is my best-loved.
- I read novels online since my allowance is not enough for me to hoard expensive books. I don’t even know if I read legally, but meh.
- I grew up in a big and merry family resulting to me being a family-oriented girl.
- I’m seriously hooked to thrift shopping.
- I’m a frustrated creative.
- I love every pastel colors and warm tones but I mostly wear dark-colored clothes.
- Tuck-ins and oversized tops are kinda my style.
- I’m a sentimental person. It’s hard for me to let go of ‘useless’ things given by those people who’re close to me and deleting photos breaks my heart. Everything for me has its sentimental value.
- I’m more of a listener than a speaker. I literally blabber nonsense that sounds extremely embarrassing, so sometimes, I’d rather shut up and listen.
- But I always feel the need to vent out my feelings to either my close friends or family.
- I’m pretty much of a terrible liar.
- At the end of the day, I prefer to isolate myself and have a quiet time, most especially after a long day of socializing with humans. It’s like a form of recharging and contemplating.
- I wanted to become an astronaut, a doctor, a teacher, a model, and a fashion designer when I was a kid. Now, I want to become a doctor who is passionately driven and be able to help people genuinely.
- I don’t like watching myself on videos and hearing my recorded voice. It makes me feel odd and cringy.
- I was never addicted to any app games.
- I wanted to be a badminton player in our school when I was in elementary but my parents didn’t want me to play any physical sports because I get sick easily. And so, I ended up being a chess player, but I’m not good that good and it’s been a long time since I last competed.
- I’m bad at comprehending mathematical problems. seriously bad.
- I’m not into having pets but if I could have one, I would want to have a guinea pig, again.
- I’m a very passionate person.
- I like calling myself a dreamer but I honestly want to become a doer.
- I imagine scenarios all the time that has 0% chance of happening. That’s what I like.
- I’m a certified procrastinator and crammer, and I never learn my lesson.
- I’m slow as a turtle.
- I look intimidating according to some people but I’m actually a soft potato.
- I have allergic rhinitis which I inherited from my father, and will probably suffer from it for the rest of my life. That also makes tissue my companion.
- I have a thing for sour and salty foods, or mostly salty junk foods.
- I’m a daughter and a believer of God.
Thrifted Uniqlo Shirt – P50
It took me a year and countless uncertainties to finally hit that publish button and I don’t regret doing it. This was another late post by the way. I have so many pictures to post-process and upload in my social media accounts, as well here in my blog. I will try my best to post it all.
Anyways, Thank you so much happy beans for always reading my blog! even if it’s not worth reading. I truly appreciate all the reads, comments, and love… if there are any. I will surely keep on creating and be better at this.
Here’s to more years! Can’t wait to see what’s in it for me!